We want you to communicate and connect on Pebble knowing there are reliable and consistently enforced rules. We want everyone to feel welcome to talk about the things they care about.
In order to achieve this, we have basic rules for what’s allowed and not allowed on the platform. Violations of these rules will result in content being removed. Repeat offenders will be removed.
- Misleading identities. You can't pretend to be another person, group, or organization to trick, confuse, or mislead people, including imitating official platform accounts. We do not allow the use of fictitious or computer generated identities or profiles.
- Artificial disruption, and deceptive accounts and spam. Misusing the platform and sending spam is not allowed, including financial scams. You can't use our services to artificially spread information in a way that messes with or disrupts other people's experience on our platform; this includes information operations. For that reason each user is only allowed to have up to two profiles, with clearly distinct purposes, unless you run an official account for an institution, organization or business.
- Abuse and harassment: Harassment or encouraging abuse and harassment of any kind is not allowed.
- Hate speech and incitement to violence: Hate speech and prejudiced speech is not tolerated here. Do not call for violence against people based on ethnicity, national origin, caste, race, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, illness, and/or sexual orientation.
- Private information. You can't publish or post other people's private information (like their home phone number and address) without their permission.
- Graphic violence: Content that is excessively gory or violent is not allowed.
- Dangerous and hateful organizations: It is not allowed to promote either of these things. We will delete any known accounts owned by specific violent extremists, or perpetrators of mass violence.
- Coordinating Harm: we do not allow activities such as organized harassment, coordinated attacks, planning, organizing or promoting violence, or any other behavior that poses a threat to individuals, communities, businesses, property or animals.
- Adult content, including pornographic content, is not allowed.
- Child sexual exploitation and child nudity related content material is not allowed.
- Encouragement or advocacy of self-harm and suicide is not permitted.
- Controlled or prohibited goods and services. Use of our service for any illegal activity involving illicit goods or services is not allowed.
- Enforcement circumvention. If an account has been permanently suspended for severe violations of our community guidelines, Pebble reserves the right to suspend any other account owned by the same user, regardless of when the account was created.
A note on these guidelines: These guidelines will continue to evolve as our platform does. Have feedback? Please fill out this questionnaire here.
Updated July, 2023